Student Careers Programme
We provide all of our students with an excellent package of careers education that prepares them to achieve success in the next stage of their lives beyond our school. Beginning in Year 7 and going right through to the end of Year 11, our students access a wide range of guidance and support that ensures they are ready for the challenges of further study or the world of work.
A crucial aspect of this is the fact that we have fostered excellent links with the wide variety of post 16 education and training providers in the area and continue to work towards developing strong partnerships with a number of local employers. When our students leave Year 11, we ensure that they have an excellent understanding of the full range of post 16 options that are available to them.
Whether students wish to pursue a ‘traditional’ academic route of A levels, take up an apprenticeship or traineeship with a local employer or work towards achieving a vocational qualification, we will provide our students with the guidance that they need to achieve their full potential.
In order to ensure the impact of our careers programme, we use a variety of methods and these include:
- Accessing the views of staff,, parents and students on a regular basis.
- Destination measures for students who leave the school at the end of Year 11.
- Ongoing review and reflection of the careers lessons and careers events that take place in school.
Our careers programme has been structured around the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks of Good Career Guidance which are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
To ensure we address all of the benchmarks, Careers Education here is holistic, balanced and personalised. Our aim is to enthuse students and support them to make informed decisions about their future career pathway. Careers Education is delivered in a variety of ways across year groups and is embedded into our activities calendar so that all students have numerous opportunities to experience high quality career information, advice and guidance.
Careers Adviser – EYFS, KS1 & KS2:
Careers Adviser – KS3 & KS4: