Here to help
Our students tell us they value the outstanding quality of our careers advice. Here at Excelsior Sixth Form College, we are proud that every year, at the end of Year 13, every student has been offered a college or university place, a job, or an apprenticeship.
Students go to the best universities in the world, start the most inspiring further education programmes and are recruited for the best apprenticeships.
- As well as one to one careers guidance, we make sure every student learns about careers during lessons and registration time.
- Everyone gets the chance to complete work experience, voluntary work and visit multiple local employers, colleges and universities.
- Our dedicated Next Steps Hub is open access, resourced with computers, learning materials, and fully staffed. In the Hub, students can plan their careers using our bespoke online careers programme, as well as write their CVs, make applications, practise interview skills and receive expert coaching.
- Students benefit weekly from drop-ins, workshops, assemblies and visits from a wide range of employers and career experts, receiving continuous support for their career plans.
- Our aspirational approach to careers guidance is praised in government reports, as one of the first schools in the UK to achieve 100% success in addressing the Gatsby Careers Benchmarks.